What is a Web Developer?
The main role of a Web Developer is to develop a website which takes the specific needs of their employer/client into consideration.
This will usually include a range of different activities, from planning and developing applications, to updating the site with the latest news and content.
Although required creative input may vary from client to client, the role of a Web Developer will usually include the following:
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs and requirements for the project
- Writing programming code
- Troubleshooting, fixing any bugs and maintaining security for the site
- Regularly updating the site
- Coming up with initiatives to increase traffic
Is Web Development for me?
The most vital skill for any Web Developer is a high level of computer literacy. You will need excellent technical skills and a strong attention to detail. You will also be able to work well under pressure, always striving to meet the objectives of the client.
Other key skills and attributes for a Web Developer include:
- Advanced skills in software programming and graphics
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent team working skills
- Adaptability, and the ability to keep up-to-date with changing technology
- Exceptional communication skills